• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

Post by Froggy »

Ok, today's pet peeve is fire extinguisher brackets. I have a Kidde extinguisher mounted behind the pilot seat. The extinguisher has held up beautifully, but the bracket is another story. The only ones I can find have a stainless steel hold strap (fabulous) but the bracket itself is cheap steel that rusts faster than a 1975 FIAT. Any brilliant ideas on where to source an all stainless one?

IMG_1803.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Fire Extinguisher Bracket

Post by Russell »

I have never had any problems with the plastic mounts. They hold up well even on an extinguisher mounted horizontally by a previous owner.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Thanks to Russell I searched high and low for a plastic bracket. Finally, found a beefy one. Diameter of lower was slight small but just cut it and it works fine.
IMG_1833.jpg
IMG_1835.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Thanks for the feedback and the modification information. Would you please identify the source and part number?

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Return to “Albin Maintenance”