• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

They have accepted my offer

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

They have accepted my offer

Post by Mark Deeser »

Looks like I am the new owner of a 1986 Albin 27 aft cabin, well almost. Need to arrange survey, sea trial, insurance, (marina req 250k). Must arrange shipping from New Port Richie FL to Astor FL, about 140 miles. Have located nice marina which is only about two blocks from my house. Found travel lift close by. Would like any an all advice I can get on any of these task. I have gotten some good tips on this form. Am just a little nervous about all this as I am new to the boating world. Thanks.
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: They have accepted my offer

Post by JFOkie »

Mark,

Congratulations! I have a 1987 27 FC and love it. Take your time and research and find a good surveyor, if possible, one who has surveyed an Albin......better yet, one who has surveyed an Albin 27. Ask the surveyor to also go with you during sea trial, ask lots of questions and take notes.

Research to find a responsible and reliable company to transport your boat; make sure they're insured. You mentioned that you're new to boating, make sure you take an appropriate boating safety course. It can be overwhelming especially if it's your first boat purchase, but do your homework and take your time. One of the most important things to do is to hire a good surveyor.......this could save you a lot of headaches....and money, down the road.

Good luck.

John
M/V Nirvana
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: They have accepted my offer

Post by whwells »

Mark: Congra's and the best with survey and shipment if all goes well.
whwells 'Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”