• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Carrying a dinghy on a 28TE

BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Carrying a dinghy on a 28TE

Post by BobHaze »

How easy or difficult is it to carry an inflatable dinghy on the stern platform of a 28TE? I'm picturing the dinghy on its side, resting on 1 pontoon; is that what people do? Presuming the answer is Yes, are davits or other hardware necessary, or can you just tip it onto its side and tie it to the transom? We have always preferred anchoring out on our sailboats versus marinas, so a dinghy is pretty much a must.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
Former owner of 2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Carrying a dinghy on a 28TE

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard Bob. I'm from the other cape .. Cape Ann.

Here is a link to get you started http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.php?t=526

It has a lot of reference to the Weaver Snap Davits which are popular on smaller swim platformed boats and our Albins. I had them on my 28 and now again on my 31. I opted for the removables which remove the davit head when not in use just leaving the mounting pads behind. On the 28 I went with just tying a tube to the port cleat, but have graduted to using a standoff. Other threads talk about the Weaver Leaver which allows the outboard to remain attached to your inflatable. From what i gather it's a good option especially for llighter horsepower engines.

When logged in use the search function. It's user friendly and very helpful to find previous threads.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”