• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Support from Albin?

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Support from Albin?

Post by mjohnh »

Has anyone had any luck on contacting an Albin representative for help on questions that are technical or maintenance issues? I heard or read that there was a major change, buyout or reorganization of the company a few years ago and may have stopped manufacturing for a few years. I have not been able to locate an Albin company, but maybe I am not looking in the best place.

Thanks
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Re: Support from Albin?

Post by eseyoung »

I am not sure that Albin is tactically building boats. I think that C&C marine is just more or less the owner of the brand. I could be wrong but neither has an updated webpage or working phone numbers. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I doubt that the 'new' Albin and their owners would be much help.

that said there is a huge wealth of technical knowledge here if you know have specific questions. Also, all Albin ever built was the boat, meaning that the onboard systems are from an outside mfgr. Also, From looking at the same model and similar years it appears that they were in constantly changing many things about the way they installed the systems. the few 28TEs and 27FCs I have been in all look a little different (electrical, plumbing systems). If you have questions about a specific part or system that manufacture maybe willing to provide info about ship's systems
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

My understanding is that when the Albin Company was in full operation their business strategy was to have their selling dealers be the customer contact point not the company itself. In my case, when I purchased a new boat in 2005, the selling dealer was very good but it was a waste of time to try to get any information from the company.
I suggested to the company president that they should provide an "owner's manual" for each model as is done by Hunter and many others. He agreed, but wound up the company before anything actually happened.
I think part of the problem, as suggested by a previous post, was that no two boats were ever exactly the same.
In my case, I received a thick binder of handbooks from suppliers of component parts, but nothing about the boat itself. However this site has been a wonderful source of information.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

Esey and John...thanks for these responses....I am not surprised and it is what I surmised from a brief search a couple of weeks ago.....

I like my boat.....I have a binder with a booklet on almost everything...but, nothing on location of things on the boat itself......it will work out.

Thanks again.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Try Standish Boatyard in Tiverton Rhode Island. They have been a trustworthy dealer with a solid reputation. They supposedly were the only dealer to be willing to pay upfront for Albin 28s if C&C started production again. I spoke with their dealer at last year's Newport Boat Show and might see him again this year in 2 weeks.
Here is what I got from their web site:
Standish Boat Yard, Inc.

1697 Main Road
Tiverton, RI 02878, United States
Tel 401-624-4075
Toll Free (888) 704-3386
Fax 401-624-3438
Email US (not provided but is a link)
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

Thanks, Jack....I will give them a try.......
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

C & C has stopped producing the Albin line. Standish Boat Yard was the only dealer on board and it seems that there just wasn't enough volume to make a go of it. Selling only a few boats a year I'm sure made turning a profit pretty difficult.

Here's a factory photo of my boat at the end of the production line in 2003 -

The factory was running straight out in 2003. There were 7 or 8 dealers at the time with Standish being the highest volume. It was struggle to get my boat commissioned and launched. I remember Ken or Jack at Standish telling me that they had 13 or 14 Albins delivered that spring.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

I spoke with Ken from Standish Boatyard at the Newport Boat Show a couple of weeks ago. He used to bring at least the 28TE to the show but this is the first time I can remember that there was no Albin at all. He said that C&C do not have any Albin dealers. He has no hope for future production.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

I see that YW lists a yet to be commissioned Albins as well as several already built 2014 and 2015 they are listed by <removed by moderator>. the 45' Command bridge is listed as a 'Dealer left over' from 2014.

I am sure that they are being built in the far east (china?) but what is C&C's hand in them? someone ordered and commissioned them.

did i mention that is annoying that i can't even mention a broker's name? i understand why but i swear i am not promoting them in any way.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

Suggest you use the search function for the word "Christopher" in the whole site, just for information.

The corporation "Albin Marine" hasn't existed for at least five years; and it seems their several heirs and assigns are no longer much interested in continuing the product lines. There's a lot of competition out there.

Information about specific parts is usually available either from its manufacturer's web site or in marine catalog sites.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

Clear as mud. I did search "he who can't be mentioned" and didn't see anything earth shattering. All I was getting at is that he is a broker selling new boats that are called albin (and look like) the boats built by the manufacturer formerly known as albin marine. I was under the impression that c&c owned the trademark Albin. If they don't then its no wonder they won't start building boats under a name they don't exclusively own.
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Dig deeper...

Happy researching,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

For those that are in the spirit of "digging deeper". Do a search on AOG for "Fred Peters". He still has his hands in the boats over 35 ft. You'll find lots to read.

Here's a short thread to wet your whistle: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7530&p=45372&hilit= ... rs+#p45372

Kenny at Standish is the best willing to assist source on Albin boats and is a straight shooter. He can obtain almost any replacement parts that you may need. I bought my 28 from him in 2004 and he has been there for me ever since.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

eseyoung wrote:I see that YW lists a yet to be commissioned Albins as well as several already built 2014 and 2015 they are listed by <removed by moderator>. the 45' Command bridge is listed as a 'Dealer left over' from 2014.

I am sure that they are being built in the far east (china?) but what is C&C's hand in them? someone ordered and commissioned them.

did i mention that is annoying that i can't even mention a broker's name? i understand why but i swear i am not promoting them in any way.
ESEYOUNG,
Since you have only been around here for about a year (happy anniversay by the way), you do deserve a little explanation about "that guy". :wink:
After Albin closed it's doors and before C&C, it was breifly owned by Bo Palmer and Shamrock Boats. During that period of time Fred also struck a deal with "that guy" for the larger Albin line. There were a few press releases sent to me that I posted. I also posted information about "that broker" that could have bolstered his sales leads. After all albinowners.net has 600k-700k hits per month.

I was then presented with some very threatening attorney communications about the press releases and, to add insult, I was also sternly warned about using the official Albin logo for our group. My reply was short and to the point. I told them two things.
1. We are using the logo with permission from Fred Peters.
2. I don't run this group for profit and don't have the time or the inclination to get into a legal battle. My business survives on my reputation. I do not want my name ever associated with a shady character like "that guy"

So, I promptly removed the "offending and/or inaccurate" information AND any reference to "that guy" or "that broker". He will never again have any links or reference on this site.

Rather than search here, do a google search on that guy. You will be surprised at the information you find.

So, am I being a dick about things related to that brokerage? Well, yes I am.

Now..let's get back to boating!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

John, Well said and well done! Ben

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”