• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Deadliest Catch Fans

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Deadliest Catch Fans

Post by Tree »

Who else here is a fan of the show on Discovery Channel?

I was just looking up on Marinetraffic.com to see whereabout the boats were at the moment and this one came up as a surprise!

Not sure if it is an error on behalf of marinetraffic or whether the boat is really in Croatia! Could be there having refit work I suppose knowing that the shipyard work there is low cost in comparison to the rest of the world.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/hom ... :lastknown#
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Deadliest Catch Fans

Post by DougSea »

Don't think I'd trust that report! Maybe they're playing around with her electronics, she's going 0 knots on a due north (0 degree) course.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

True but the last known location is a fair few weeks back. The only AIS manufacture or possible repair I can think of is Raymarine but they're Hungary these days.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

There are a few issues with Marinetraffic.com. First, there are many boats around the world with the same names. Secondly, it is entirely user-run, so often the picture you see of a boat, is not of the actual boat that is reporting. Lastly, and this applies especially to the "celebrity boats" such as those on the Deadliest Catch, users can "spoof" their location to throw people off.

I didn't click the link to see which boat you are referring to, but I can assure you that all of the boats on the show spend 100% of their time either in the Bering Sea, in the Gulf of Alaska, or in port somewhere between Dutch Harbor and Seattle. On any given day in the summer, you can usually find several of the boats moored in the Ship Canal in Seattle.

Return to “General Discussion”