• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Delaware Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Fish fan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Indian river DE

New Delaware Member

Post by Fish fan »

Hello everyone, my name is Tony, I fish and boat out of Indian River DE. Right now I have a 26 Shamrock, ( wet ride) I will be looking to move up to a 28 TE in about two years. I have been drooling over these boats for some time now, I hope to learn as much as I can in the meantime. I would like to check one out in person with the wife so I can convince her that we need a new boat. We're getting one anyway I just like to let her think that she has some say in it. :D Doe's anyone know of a 28 TE in that area that we could do a walk by on the dock. DE, MD, VA Thanks, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I look around.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New Delaware Member

Post by DougSea »

Hey Tony,

Welcome!

Try posting a note in the General Discussion or the TE forum. Many of us Albin owners LOVE to show off our boats. I'm sure you can find someone to give you a tour.

Just an FYI - the 28 saved my marriage! (Well, the boating side anyway!) My wife loved the 28. The ride, stability, solid feeling. Plus a separate head!

We bought our 28 down on Kent Island. I know there are a number of existing members down in the region. You may have better luck as you get towards the Fall and more people take a break from boating and read the forum! :)

Best of luck.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hi Tony,

Can't help with your boat search, but my late stepdad "Mr. Lee" was once a member of Nanticoke River Yacht club in Blades. If you're ever out that way drop in & sayy Steve sent you.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Fish fan wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Tony, I fish and boat out of Indian River DE. Right now I have a 26 Shamrock, ( wet ride) I will be looking to move up to a 28 TE in about two years. I have been drooling over these boats for some time now, I hope to learn as much as I can in the meantime. I would like to check one out in person with the wife so I can convince her that we need a new boat. We're getting one anyway I just like to let her think that she has some say in it. :D Doe's anyone know of a 28 TE in that area that we could do a walk by on the dock. DE, MD, VA Thanks, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I look around.

You are more than welcome to take the drive to the Baltimore and Annapolis area. I'm in Seneca Creek and there are other members in the Annapolis and Kent County area. We can even do better than just a walk by.
I would like to check one out in person with the wife so I can convince her that we need a new boat.
My wife picked the Albin for me. It was the second best decision she ever made.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I am actually planning to head up the bay, across the C&D and down the Delaware bay to OC MD in September. Will be ready to go the second week of September weather permitting. Will be there about a week or until I get a good window of weather to return. Let me know if you will be around and we can hook up. Will be there in hopes of doing some fishing, so might even have room for you to tag along.

Carl
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “New Member Introductions”