• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin up for sale

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Albin up for sale

Post by rcornejo »

Hello Everyone,

Well it is with great regret that I have come to the realization that I have to sell my 97 28 TE. This is after I have done almost a total renovation to the boat. The boat has a new 2014 engine and transmission both still under factor warranty, including all new pumps, hoses, water heater, macerator pump, stereo, stove, etc.. I am having back surgery and can no longer go offshore. If anyone knows of someone looking, please let me know. I am thinking of asking 65K for it. The boat is in excellent condition.

Thanks for your help!
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Albin up for sale

Post by Tree »

It'll be sad to let it go and at $65k I'm sure people will be climbing over each other to buy it!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks Tree. I am sad about selling it especially after all the work I did to it. Someone will end up with a great boat.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Sorry to hear the news. I met a couple who might want to buy a 28 but they seem hesitant and are in Connecticut. Good luck with the procedure.
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your support. If you know of anyone interested, please let me know. I have not hired a broker yet so I have a little wiggle room.

I am not looking forward to the procedure. Once they cut into your back, you are never the same again.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Roland,
You should absolutely look forward to the surgery! Mine GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK!!!! I would be a little hesitant to sell because of your surgery. I've had 2 lumbar (lower) back operations and a cervical fusion of 3 vertebrae and will be fishing the US Open King Mackerel Tournament in October for the 3rd time since my surgery. Admittedly I had to sell my sailboat after my neck fusion because of limited range of motion looking up the mast, etc., but that's when we bought our 28TE. I trust you're having a neurosurgeon do the procedure vs. an orthopedic....believe strongly they're the only ones I want that close to my spinal cord. Anyway, I'd have a real good talk w/your surgeon about this decision. Just hate to see a fellow 28TE owner sell if not needed.
Good Luck & God's Speed!
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Chris and Dale

Thanks for the encouraging words; I can use those right now. Yes, I have a neurosurgeon who is doing the surgery. I am like you, you need to have the best when it comes to your spinal cord!

According to my doctor, he does not think I can handle the chop offshore anymore, not at least for the next few years. Hopefully, after that, I can get back on the water. I hope to have a great recovery like you did. It sure sounds like you are doing much better. I am sure you are very happy about that. Unfortunately, I need to sell the boat since I will not be able to use it for some time. I don't want it just to sit there. If you know of anyone that is looking for one, please keep mine in mind. I promise, they will get a great boat. I have done a ton of work to it since I am the type that just wants a boat in tip-top-shape. It is in great mechanical condition. It's my baby I sure do treat it like that! LOL

Thanks again for your words of encouragement. I do appreciate that very much.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Roland,
Put together an AD with pictures, specs, etc. and post in the For Sale section. We have quite a few hits every month after all these years of being online.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks. I will post something very soon
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We sold our IP 27 very quickly with a YouTube ad of pictures of the boat, including the exterior, interior, engine, etc. that was set to music. May you have such good luck with your boat!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks. That's a great idea. I will do that this coming weekend
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”