• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Gurgling noise in fuel vent

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Daiglef
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabrook TX

Gurgling noise in fuel vent

Post by Daiglef »

Anyone have an issue with gurgling noise from fuel vents on a 36 ET. Diesel dripping from both fuel vents when under way and when refueling.
Thanks,
Faron
Texas P-Reaux
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Re: Gurgling noise in fuel vent

Post by crowra »

Faron,

That 'gurgling' noise when refueling means your tanks are almost full. And when it really 'gurgles' they are full and about to discharge fuel through the vent. You should hear a quiet 'hiss' as the fuel displaces the air in the tanks when refueling - same thing for your water tanks.

Rob
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

On the 28TE, I believe the vent lines aren't large enough ... like Rob said, the gurgling means you're getting close to full. I find that it helps to pause refueling for a minute when it starts to gurgle. Wait for the gurgling to stop and then top off the tank. Otherwise, fuel pours out the vent hole when you get close.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Post by Maye Marie »

Your problem might be the vent lines are trapping fuel and not draining back to the tank. Had same experience and issue with my 28TE.

This winter when I removed the cover over my fuel tank to repair a soft spot, noticed fuel vent lines drooped down from were they connected to the fitting and laid on top of the tank. It was obvious fuel once in the line could not flow back and clear itself.

When I reinstalled my deck I ran the hoses through zip ties fastened to the back side of my deck. Once the deck was down I reached under and pulled the zip ties tight. This lifted the vent hoses up off the tank and made them higher than the fittings coming out of the tank. This season I have had no blow back or fuel noise. I can for the first time fill with fuel nozzle wide open.

If you can look under and see your hoses laying on the tank it will trap fuel and not be able to vent without spitting at you. Find a way to lift the hose up and problem probably goes away.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.

Return to “General Discussion”