• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Looking For 28' TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

New Member Looking For 28' TE

Post by FiveToes »

Hello. I am in the market for an Albin 28'. I have some questions for existing owners regarding later model Albins. I am looking at boats in the 2005 - 2009 range. Were there any issues with boats manufactured in the later years prior to Albin going out of business? I'm concerned with quality control if the company was phasing out towards the end. Have existing owners had any issues getting their boats serviced and finding necessary parts for maintenance and upkeep over the years? Are there certain "sources" that are still in the Albin market for supplying parts? I love the boat and the available layouts, but I want to be sure I'm not getting myself into trouble with a boat that is no longer manufactured. Thank you all for any help you can provide! -Greg
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: New Member Looking For 28' TE

Post by Russell »

No need to worry about the manufacturer. A boat builder mainly constructs the fiberglass components such as the hull and deck and the interior cabinetry. All the mechanicals, engine, bow thruster, head, faucets lights etc. are purchased from suppliers and installed. If you look around this site you will see information on original suppliers for many parts and if you cannot find one, ask a question and someone will usually have the source you need.
I personally like the changes Albin made on the newer boats but the most important thing is how the previous owner took care of it. You can find older boats in as-new condition and newer ones in poor condition. Try to look at several and you will recognize the right one when you see it. Have fun.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “New Member Introductions”