• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello Everyone

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
MattJacobson
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ossining, NY

Hello Everyone

Post by MattJacobson »

Hi,
My name is Matt Jacobson and I am new to the board. Last year I bought Fair Tide, an Albin 28 TE flush deck 2006 from Howard and Carol Hellman, who besides being the nicest people in the world, kept Fair Tide in truly Bristol fashion. I have been a sailor all my life and owned and loved a double ended cutter built by Tom Morris in Southwest Harbor, Maine for 33 years, but lost her in Hurricane Irene. I decided to make the move to power and conveniently found Fair Tide at my own club in Ossining, NY (Hudson River). . While I've got your attention - I'm planning a cruise out to the "fishtail" of Long Island in a week and a half. I've purchased a Mercury 260 Dynamic RIB inflatable tender (about 8 1/2 ft by 4 3/4) that comes equipped with lifting rings. Does anyone here have experience with davits that would use these lifting rings?
Hope you're all enjoying this great summer (here in the Northeast). We deserve it after this past winter!
Yours with a fair tide,
Matt
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by halfmoon »

Matt,
Recently bought a Highfield 260 and carry it on the swim platform, on its side. May not look as "yachty" but it works. We have lines through the slots at the outer edge of the platform. Then, with RIB afloat at edge the lines are lead under and, standing at transom seat, I can lift the dinghy onto its side. We cross the lines to make an X configuration over the hull and secure them aft at the ends of the toe rails.
MattJacobson
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ossining, NY

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by MattJacobson »

Thank you, Halfmoon. I'll try it!

Return to “New Member Introductions”