• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sailor to power looking for a 28

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
hans
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: punta gorda fl.

Sailor to power looking for a 28

Post by hans »

Hi All

Have a solid sale contract on Catalina sail boat C350 now looking for
Albin 28 (1999/2003)

Knew the day would come that sailing was over and it is here.

Hans
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Sailor to power looking for a 28

Post by wpcv1776 »

Sailing doesn't have to be over. You still have friends with sailboats right? We just made the jump from sail to power as well and I'm sure there will be a few of those perfect sailing days when we chose to hitch a ride with someone and harness the wind. But in the mean time we couldn't be happier with our 31TE. Good luck with your search; there are plenty of them on yachtworld.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We went from an Island Packet 27 sailboat to an Albin 30 FC a few years ago and couldn't be happier. I must add that we added a Precision 21 sailboat to our "fleet" last year to soothe our sailing itches. Now we have the best of both worlds! May you enjoy many happy hours on whichever 28 TE you find!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

After 30 years of owning sailboats, we sold our last one and bought our Albin 28TE in late 2012. We have been thrilled with the experience, although I am still getting my head around the fact that we can travel from New Orleans to the Mississippi Gulf Coast in a half a day or less, rather than a long day of delivery. And I have found that I sail no less than before--just in other people's boats.
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Post by halfmoon »

Sailed for 30 years, now have 28TE. Cruised to my favorite anchorage Saturday, about 40 miles, returned Sunday. Was pleased to find the the god of winds treats powerboats the same as sailboats. Wind was on the nose 80% of the time! So, if we include motoring out and to anchor, we could have sailed about 15% of the time on this cruise.

Return to “New Member Introductions”