• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE with 2 ACs

halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

28 TE with 2 ACs

Post by halfmoon »

Does anyone else have a 28 with two AC's? Access to water heater abysmal. Was second AC a retrofit or factory job? Can it be removed without cutting?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 28 TE with 2 ACs

Post by jcollins »

That's a new one for me. Is the second a/c in the pilot house?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by halfmoon »

Yes, stacked on a shelf over the water heater. It shares the water pump with the main unit under v berth. With only 30 amp service the two units will not run together for long. Vents for 2nd unit are stb, wall mount behind helm seat, port vents upward behind other seat.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Half Moon: Well that is an interesting find. Since, no one else has mentioned a second AC seems like it must be an after market.
Do both work?
whwells "Howard"
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by halfmoon »

Both units function. I'll take some photos today since everything is open for the repair of the water heater. Drawers under pilot seat are out also, making visualization of plenum and duct work possible.
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by halfmoon »

[attachment=3]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]Photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

very ambitious putting two air conditioners in such a small boat with such little interior space. i would eliminate the second one just for serviceability. (if it were my boat)

stay cooped up in the tiny cabin and pilot house just for cool air at the dock? not boating in my opinion. claustrophobic hell, but cool temps :lol:

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”