• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Finally! 31TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Redondo Beach, CA

Finally! 31TE

Post by wpcv1776 »

Hi Everyone!

Our names are Chris and Mandy from Southern California. We're no longer sailors; we've gone to the dark side. Survey is done and the bank is happy so it looks like we will be the proud new owners of a 31 Tournament Express 2004. Its a single screw with a 450 Cummins. I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time on this website learning all we can. We're not much into fishing but it will make a great dive boat and we plan to catch a lot of lobster this coming season. Any advice from other scuba divers about ladder mods tank holders etc would be much appreciated. And of course any other SoCal Albin owners out there, we'd love to meet you at Catalina!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Finally! 31TE

Post by whwells »

Chris & Mandy: Congra's on the 31. They are fine all around boats and for all purposes perhaps the best. Do you find it in So. Cal?
A warm welcome to the group. The "dark side" is a fine place to be when it is an Albin.
whwells "Howard"
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wpcv1776 »

Thanks Howard. And no, we didn't find it in SoCal. Having it shipped from Maryland. Very few of this style boat for sale in SoCal. Sea ray's and Carvers rule the LA area marinas.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Did you buy Peter's boat?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wpcv1776 »

RobS wrote:Did you buy Peter's boat?

The owners name is Peter, but I haven't met him since he was on vacation when I went to Maryland. Boats name is
Gaudeamus. Why? Do you know the boat/owner?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I exchanged a good bit of info with Peter, great guy, great boat. He is exactly the kind of owner you want to buy from. I am really in search of a 35 and it was hard to refrain from making a deal with Peter. Good luck.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I think I said hello over in your post on shipping the boat but wanted to ad a more official hello here! Hope you guys get her home reasonably soon and I look forward to hearing all about your New England boat in SoCal waters!

Congratulations!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
wpcv1776
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wpcv1776 »

DougSea wrote:I think I said hello over in your post on shipping the boat but wanted to ad a more official hello here! Hope you guys get her home reasonably soon and I look forward to hearing all about your New England boat in SoCal waters!

Congratulations!
Thanks DougSea! Not too many Albins in SoCal as far as we can tell. This is the land of Sea Ray's and Carvers. Nothing against them, fine boats, but we don't like to stay home just because the wind is blowing and the water is a little rough. I'm betting the 31TE will live up to it's reputation as a rough water boat. People seem to be pretty happy with them. The closing date keeps getting pushed off, but we'll get as much sailing in between now and then as possible because we probably are going to miss it.
SJR
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Beach NY

Post by SJR »

Congrats Chris & Mandy and welcome! Last October I joined the group after picking up a 2006 31TE and have found this site incredibly helpful and a great resource. Im sure you will too.
TEAGAN II
2006 31' TE
Twin Yanmar 315HP 6-LPAM STP

Return to “New Member Introductions”