• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Deviant

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Deviant
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Puyallup WA

New Member Deviant

Post by Deviant »

Hi All!
Looking to get a bigger boat and sell the pilot house we have. Live in the Northwest (Tacoma area) and am a fishing fool as well as just relaxing on the water with the wife.

Have basically narrowed the search down to the Albin 28 TE or a Shamrock Mackinaw so that is why I'm here.

Will post some newbie questions in the general forum.

Tim
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Re: New Member Deviant

Post by slimjim »

welcome Tim! I have one nice one for you. I have mine posted in the buy sell thread. My boat is not that far away from you and has new Volvo power package with full Volvo warranty. I bought a another boat so wife says one has to go. :)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Tim! Both boats are good choices. But, the Albin...that's a real boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Deviant/Tim: Welcome aboard. You should take a look at the 28te Albin with Volvo Penta and trolling valve just listed with Bellingham Yachts. This is a fine boat and the owner just upgraded to a 31TE from Anacortes.
Nick is co-owner at Bellingham Yachts and has the listing. Were my 35te sold I would be looking at it as a trailerable fisher.

The NW Albin Group is meeting at Lopez and Roche starting next Thur. We still have a slip available at Roche if you want to come and see the fine Albin's and meet our active members. You don't need an Albin to attend as you are already a member of the group.

If interested due to the short time before the meet send me a PM and we can talk re the details. If you have not already done so take a look at the NW Rendezvous section for details.

Might also add I have friends in Brookings, Or. with both the 28te Albin and one Shamrock Mackinaw. You will very much happier with the 28te Albin.

whwells "Howard"
Co-Chair for NW Rendezvous
Deviant
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Puyallup WA

Post by Deviant »

Thanks Howard and Jim. At this point I will look at the one in Pasco to get the feel of an Albin as well as launching and recovering as whichever boat I choose will have to be trailerable.

As far as the get together, I will be in Pasco next weekend looking at the "Pole Dancer"....the boat that is.

Tim

Return to “New Member Introductions”