• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AWLGrip Deck Non Slip Paint..

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

AWLGrip Deck Non Slip Paint..

Post by Tree »

Are there any other 28 owners with beige topsides (green hull) that have awl grip applied to the deck?

It's something I am thinking about but ideally would like to see what colours you have used. The non slip in the cockpit is not brilliant right now and after seeing AWlgrip on both of my buddies 28's it also has the added benefit of cleaning down easily, hence why I am thinking of this route.

Both of his boats are white topsides, so grey is the obvious choice but what colour do you do beige with?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: AWLGrip Deck Non Slip Paint..

Post by Pitou »

When the time comes and you decide to do this, why not selct a close color to what you have now. It sure will cover easier and also keep the the boat as close to original as possible. My boat is green from water line to rub rail / white on the topside and a light beige deck which knocks the glare down quite well. Awlgrip has over 100 different colors to choose from. Order some paint chip samples and see what "floats your boat"!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

My friends 35CB has beige topsides and the decks are two tone with a similar color just a few shades deeper, looks real good but tough to get the full effect in the photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Thanks for the tips chaps, I am liking the look of the 35 - I will have a chat with one of the application companies over here at some point. It's not on the list of priorities but its one of those "I'd like to do" jobs.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”