• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2006 26' Tournament Express

DaveTX
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Galveston, TX

2006 26' Tournament Express

Post by DaveTX »

I just bought a 2006 Albin 26 Tournament Express. From the posts I've seen, it looks like there were only 5 of these made. Is this correct? Does anyone know how the other owners are enjoying their boats? Does it behave like the 26' CC? The one I bought needs mechanical work before it's ready for the water so I haven't water tested the boat. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dave
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: 2006 26' Tournament Express

Post by seasalt »

Dave,

Welcome. We have a TE registry where we could use your specs.

Thanks

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

DaveTX wrote:I just bought a 2006 Albin 26 Tournament Express. From the posts I've seen, it looks like there were only 5 of these made. Is this correct? Does anyone know how the other owners are enjoying their boats? Does it behave like the 26' CC? The one I bought needs mechanical work before it's ready for the water so I haven't water tested the boat. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dave
Welcome to AOG Dave and congratulations on the new boat. There were only a handful made of the 26. How is yours powered? You have an outdrive, right?
We have never had a 26 on the AOG calendar. You have until midnight to submit a photo if you have any good ones.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

There is a charter boat here in Rhode Island working an Albin 26 - "River Rebel". I talk to them on the radio occasionally during the fishing season but do not believe they are members here. Here's a link to to their charter site.

http://www.riverrebelcharters.com/

I know there are only a few 26's around. During some sea trial work, the first 26 was at Standish Boat Yard. It originally had a full pilot house but after a few weeks of sea trials, they determined her to be too top heavy to support the full pilothouse. They were moving weight all over the place trying to adjust the center of gravity. The pilot house was removed and the convertible version seemed to solve the problem.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
dtmcdonald@me.com
Swabby
Swabby

Post by dtmcdonald@me.com »

Last edited by dtmcdonald@me.com on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveTX
Swabby
Swabby

Post by DaveTX »

This 26 TE has a convertible top. It is powered by a Volvo Penta D4-260 with DPH duoprop outdrive. My wife and I are excited to have a boat with very long range (208 gal). We like to deep sea fish and scuba dive. Our dive site is Stetson Bank which is part of the Flower Gardens National Marine Sanctuary located about 50-60nm offshore from San Luis Pass in Galveston. It's a bit of a haul but doable when the seas are calm. There are numerous sand bars around Galveston, so the shallow draft, lack of keel and ability to raise the lower unit makes it ideal in our waters. The other appeal of this boat was being able to trailer it easily (8'6" beam) to SE Florida and Florida Keys to scuba dive/fish and go to the Bahamas.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Sounds like heaven DaveTX ! Enjoying all that in a great boat with your significant other, perfect. My wife and I have enjoyed many great dives together, she's Advanced certified and I'm a DM. Enjoy and be safe.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”