• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Consumption

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

budhod
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brig Bay, Newfoundland

Fuel Consumption

Post by budhod »

I just bought my first Albin, a 31 TE, Kai Lea formerly named Chopper. This boat has twin Yanmar 315s. I am about to bring it home, which is a 600 nautical mile ocean trip. I am wondering if anyone could give me an idea about fuel consumption so I can plan stops.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by zinbaad »

Mahalo seems to run about 15- 16gph at 20mph
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
budhod
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brig Bay, Newfoundland

Post by budhod »

Just brought my 31 TE "Go Fish" home. My boat has twin 315HP Yanmars. On part of the trip I burned 1818 litres of fuel to travel 557 nautical miles ( 3.26 litres per mile ). I havn't fueled since the final 50 miles to home. My trip saw all conditions from calm to two meter seas. When possible, my speed was 18 knots at 2800rpm but for one six hour interval I was down to 6.5 knots at 1200rpm.

This is a great ocean boat, most of my trip was 6 to 8 miles offshore but one leg was 95 miles of open ocean from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Sounds like you had quite a shake down cruise. Congratulations on getting her home safe.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “General Discussion”