• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

4D61 Starter

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

flawler
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Porum Landing, Oklahoma

4D61 Starter

Post by flawler »

My 1984 27FC will not start.

Took the starter off and took it to a local starter repair place. He said the solenoid had a short or broken wire in it and it could not be fixed. He just happened to have a rebuilt Paris-Rhone D11E51, not my D11E61, that he gave me at no cost. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit as it has different gear and different mounting holes.

Questions:
Where can I get a replacement solenoid?

Where can I get a replacement E11611 starter?

Other options?

Thanks,
Frank L
Anchor Management, Albin 27FC
flawler
Mate
Mate

Re: 4D61 Starter

Post by flawler »

paris-rhone D11E161 is the correct designation.

Thanks.
flawler
Mate
Mate

Post by flawler »

Update: After a couple of false-starts (pun intended) I finally found two European sources by Googling "Delco DRS3811". One site is in France at autopiecestore.com and one is in Barcelona, Spain, at Oscaro.com. The actual starter appears to fit a Peugeot J7, not the 504 as I previously thought.

Unfortunately, apparently the websites recognize my North American IP address and will not let me add the part to my cart. My son is leaving today for England so hopefully he can ship one to England and forward it to the US.

Fingers crossed,
Frank L
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Flawler - Smart move! I've done similar sourcing the thermostat. I actually ordered them through a French auto parts store.

Then there was that time I ordred a $3k windshield for my Ferrari that went from Italy to the UK then to the US west coast before ending up at my house on the east coast in NY. It took the scenic route but it proves that where there's a will there's a way.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
flawler
Mate
Mate

Post by flawler »

On a different topic, my boat was the subject of a September 1986 New Yorker article on a circumnavigation of Long Island. The name at the time was Nutshell. You would likely recognize many of the place names.

thank you for your comments.

My son ordered a new solenoid from a UK auto parts store and I ordered a reman starter from Rexbo website of Germany.

Fingers still crossed.
flawler
Mate
Mate

Post by flawler »

Got my replacement starter Valeo 433233 in from Germany. Hope to install this weekend. Son also is to bring a replacement solenoid for the old unit for a backup.

Fingers still crossed.

Frank L
flawler
Mate
Mate

Post by flawler »

Sweet rumble of success!

Now need to figure out why it is overheating. Thought I had maybe left the through-hull closed, but will change the pump impeller and try again. See Chief's Winterization Plan (first topic). Froze raw water strainer and fried prior impeller.

Fingers uncrossed.
Frank L
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Sounds like you're making progress! Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”