• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE -sleeping arrangement

Michael @ Maine
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Heron Way Marina, Essex Ma

28 TE -sleeping arrangement

Post by Michael @ Maine »

Hello,

2007 28TE - Flush Deck w / settee.

Any creative ideas as to how to make the cockpit a sleeping area? The settee is to short and narrow.

Thanks,

MM

2 Strong
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 28 TE -sleeping arrangement

Post by DougSea »

Can you post some photos? I'm not that familiar with the settee version layout.

How tall (long) does the area need to be? One person? The newer "Air Bed"s are very comfortable and compact to store.

Do you have a bimini over the cockpit? If not you'll probably want to rig something to keep the nighttime moisture levels down.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

I believe that the 28TE flush deck is just like our engine box where the table drops down, the seat back cushions turn up and are secured, and there should be 2 additional cushions that sit on top of the table top. This essentially creates a Queen size bed that my wife and I have slept in...and I'm 6'4". I've never taken any pictures of it in the bed profile, but here's one with the back cushions up while running wires that should at least give you an idea of what I'm talking about (excuse the mess). Along with the quarter birth to the aft you can actually sleep 4 very close friends, or find a place to hide if one snores loudly....LOL
DSCN2044.JPG
Good Luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Chris, I think he's looking for additional sleeping space in the helm/cockpit area.

(I like how you keep a microwave in the v berth! Very handy for late night snacks!! :lol: )
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Yeah, with what he said about the settee being too short & narrow and how I fit w/my 6'4" 265 lb. frame just fine... but anyway, yeah, it works well...and with the beer fridge reinstalled, it's easy access and a vac right there for cleanup. What more could a man ask for...LOL
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote:(I like how you keep a microwave in the v berth! Very handy for late night snacks!! :lol: )
And the shopvac for all the crumbs
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Michael @ Maine wrote:Hello,

2007 28TE - Flush Deck w / settee.

Any creative ideas as to how to make the cockpit a sleeping area? The settee is to short and narrow.
Hey Michael .. sounds like you need a 31 or maybe the 35 Command Bridge. This is how it all starts ... :wink:

Good having you back in Glosta this season. Looks like you've settled in nicely. Catch you on your next visit.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”