• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Swim platform

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Swim platform

Post by rcornejo »

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me how much weight the original swim platform on the 28 can hold? Our ice chest full of ice and fish weighs about 250 lbs. I noticed that one of my small angle brackets was cracked. Does anyone know where I can find those? By the way, the new engine and transmission work great. I will post pictures on the prior post but we increased our cruising speed with the new engine.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Re: Swim platform

Post by dkircher »

Hi Roland,

I can't answer the question about the capacity of the swim platform. I do routinely have my dinghy on the platform as did the first owner. It weighs 130 pounds.

In terms of the brackets, when I bought the boat in 2010, the surveyor recommended the replacement of all of the 12 year old, corroded stainless brackets supporting the platform. The new ones were fabricated by a small boat yard in Friday Harbor, WA. I believe that any boat yard with a machine shop can fabricate new ones for you out of stainless stock. After four years, there is no sign of corrosion on the new brackets. Where they sit in the water, they are coated with bottom paint.

If you want some insurance for the heavy weight, you could replace yours with beefier brackets.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Re: Swim platform

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information. I have someone going to look at it today to see what we need to do. I will probably beef up the brackets to hold more weight.

Thanks
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”