• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cabin cleanup

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Cabin cleanup

Post by jcollins »

I searched around and did not find much on this subject

How are you folks cleaning your headliners on the 28? This is my latest launch ever.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Cabin cleanup

Post by Tree »

Jon, when ours arrived it has quite a lot of mould on the headliner. I just used a mould and mildew remover and generally leave one of the hatch windows open by the bunk under the copilots seat for ventilation.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

John, I use the auto interior cleaner for leather and vinyl. The ones I use are the canisters with the moist wipes. I think its Meguiars? I am not in the water yet either, long story, still looking at a couple weeks at best. Hope to make it in by the 4th of July.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

I've had the best luck so far with Tough Stuff (Tuff Stuff?). I've avoided a bleach solution as I don't want to weaken the stitching. I've read that a solution of one part vinegar to four parts water plus a tiny amount of dish soap will work. I haven't tried it yet.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Gammoner
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Yarmouth, mass

Post by Gammoner »

I've been using lysol wipes. Mold and Mildew guys say that Lysol kills the mold and bleach removes the stains. After all that I wipe down with fresh water. I too leave the ports under the co pilots seats open and have a solar fan on the deck hatch.
elad

Post by elad »

I use Mold Armor both in the cabin and on the outside. Great stuff! Truly a spray on and rinse off cleaner.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

John: Did a serious spring cleaning on Nibbles in April. The product was a spray anti mold product from Safeway. Pulled all the drawers and cleaned all those places one never looks at. Really nice clean job. Also did the bilge from bow to transom to extent it can be reached by hand, mop or other extentions. Looked really great.
Will be up at the boat late next week. Will get the name of the product and post if for any interested. There were no headliner issues and just a need to clean all those out of sight areas.
whwells "Howard"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm lucky to not have a mold problem. Just dirty. Mostly from smoking in the cabin. (Sharon quit and I don't smoke on the boat anymore)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”