• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member in Quebec City, Canada

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Almeister
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Quebec city

New member in Quebec City, Canada

Post by Almeister »

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of acquiring "Sophie-Christine", a 2001 Express trawler 36 propelled by the Cummins 450 6 CTA 8.3M3. Growing up on the St-Lawrence river spending the summer on my father's swedish made Nimbus 30, I fell in love with the river life, so much that I became a proud St-Lawrence river pilot! Raising money for ALS in 2011, a fellow colleague pilot and I went around the Great Loop riding 2 Seadoos… what a crazy idea but God, such a beautiful experience. We closed the loop (5000 NM) in 47 days!!! In doing so, I could not help but to look at fine trawlers along the way and then decided that it was the best type of boat to go around the loop again with my family one day! Well, I am not sure if that day has come yet but I am sure that when it comes, it has to be on an Albin ET36!! So here I am, going through the motions of acquiring "Sophie-Christine". The boat has suffered through hurricane Katrina in 2005 but was apparently well repaired. She has since ran over 600 hours in Canada with 2 owners and shows no signs of the ordeal. Being a professional mariner myself, I went through many surveys, hull and machinery as well has electrical. So far so good. Should have last pre-sell survey done next week and sea trials within a couple more. If all goes well, I'll be a proud Albin owner by the end of May. I Have read many topics so far and they are all very educative. Thanks everyone. I will try myself to participate when appropriate.

P.S. I also own a 2006 Boston Whaler Ventura 180 with the Verado 150 (only 125hrs). It could pretty well be on the market soon! :D

Regards,

Al
Alain
2001 Albin Express Trawler 36 "Atmosphere" Hull #19
Quebec City, Canada
Almeister
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New member in Quebec City, Canada

Post by Almeister »

Sophie-Christine found a new family. We officialy took her to her new home last thursday. We will do our best to take good care of her. As a seaman, I truly believe that a ship has a soul and I think that even those with a troubled history deserve love. She will soon be renamed "Atmosphere". Thank you Mr. Lepage for caring the way you did over the past 5 years. She looks beautiful!
Alain
2001 Albin Express Trawler 36 "Atmosphere" Hull #19
Quebec City, Canada
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Welcome aboard the board and congratulations on the soon to be "Atmosphere". You will find a congenial atmosphere here on this site and many enjoyable hours with your Albin…

Enjoy,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Almeister
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Almeister »

Thanks N4QC,
Looking forward to share the stories