• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Service Center in Southern Maryland

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Big Joe
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Breezy Point, Md

Service Center in Southern Maryland

Post by Big Joe »

Hello Guys

I am new to Albin group and boats, I like the 28 TE but was wondering is there a shop in Southern Md. that works on Albin boats. Thanks
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Service Center in Southern Maryland

Post by Russell »

I am sure you will be able to find competent people to work on an Albin in Southern Maryland but a boat is not like an automobile where you might want to go to a dealer. Boat manufacturers make the the fiberglass parts with their molds and then install commercially available parts such as motor, head, sinks, etc. Instead of an owners manual you will have a collection of manuals for the major parts. Most important is finding a good engine mechanic for whatever engine is in the boat you purchase. You can find a source for many original parts on this site such as rudders, stern tube, hatches etc. Maybe someone in your area will log on with some recommendations for you. If not ask around at marinas. Most boaters are happy to recommend someone they have had good luck with.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Big Joe
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Breezy Point, Md

Re: Service Center in Southern Maryland

Post by Big Joe »

Thanks for the reply Russell, I check with the mechanic at the marina where I plan to moor at and he will not work on Albin 28 due to tight quarters. I plan to purchase a trailer for the boat to store in winter and travel to the ocean. I just wanted to know if there are shops or mechanics in the area before I jump on the boat.

Return to “General Discussion”