• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Float Switch

irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Float Switch

Post by irishwake »

Does anyone have any suggestions on a float switch for a 31 Albin TE. The one down in the keel that runs the mid pump has failed once again. I purchased a new Rule-Matic Plus in February of this year and it failed once again. If you reach down and move the lever on the enclosed float switch it will work, but will not start the pump on it's own. It is pritty hard to get down into this area to change this float switch and I don't want to be doing it again! Thank God for the back up pumps after the 26 inches of rain we got in the last 2 days. Thanks for any advice.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Float Switch

Post by Tree »

When i've replaced float switches, I tend to move away from mechanical ones. I usually fit these style now as there is nothing to get jammed up and potentially burn motors out.

https://www.waterwitchinc.com/new/SiteE ... tches.html

It was the 101 model I replaced the float switch with on the shower sump in my 28
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I have also used a water witch on my previous boat. Worked great for the 14 years I owned it. The Mainship also had a deep well just below the stuffing box area. I let the switch hang on it's lead wires and clamped them to get the correct depth.
About every 4 or 5 years I had to wipe the switch off as the contacts would get an oily bilgewater buildup, but other than that it was maintenance free and dependable.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

On the Water Witch web site down load a copy of the wiring schematic for the 101 model. It includes traditional wiring diagrams. Your float switch may be trying to operate more than one unit or there is another form of voltage drop to the pump.

I just ordered a Water Witch 101 unit for my 24’ Getaway. The bilge design of the Getaway has allowed an additional accumulation of water which could not be pumped out readily after having to change to a new boat lift configuration. Tech specs and install pictures indicate an easy upgrade.

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

Thank you for the information. I ordered a Water Witch yesterday. Interesting that the the 101 cost $35.77 and the shipping was another $17.40, by ground no less. I hope it works.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”