• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 inspection request Middle River Maryland

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Wes Keyes
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: York Maine

Albin 25 inspection request Middle River Maryland

Post by Wes Keyes »

Hello folks,
An introduction:
I have cruised in New England for years mostly in chartered boats and more recently in small boats I own. I would call it cruising camping. It is rough but I love it. It would be nice to step up to a Albin 25. Then maybe my wife would go with me. At the very least I would be more comfortable and it would extend the season. A friend of mine is rebuilding one in NH and I just looked at it. I could be very happy in one. I like the fact they don't use much fuel to run.
There is one for sale in Maryland at Bowleys Marina in Middle River Maryland. It is in my price range because it needs to be repowered. I restore cars for a living so that part doesn't bother me. I would like to see if any of you might be willing to look at this boat for me. I can pay you for your efforts. I don't need an official survey. I just need a seat of the pants look at it. Thanks you very much.

Wes Keyes
York, Maine
207 363 5338
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Re: Albin 25 inspection request Middle River Maryland

Post by eseyoung »

Wes, I think i am going to be in the area on Saturday. If we have time I will stop by. Is there anything in particular you would like to look for? Is it brokered or FSBO? I can't give an exact time and i don't want to have someone there waiting on me. But if i have permission I will just go aboard and take a look if that is OK with the owner. I may know tomorrow what the weekend is shaping up like.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I will be in that area today or tomorrow.
Send an email to jcollins AT albinowners.net.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ha! Is that the one that was on Baltimore Craigslist a few months back for $8,900? The same one that was on eBay for awhile and only got bids of $5K and therefore the auction was withdrawn due to not meeting the reserve price? Has a tan canvas & extra windshield above the wheelhouse & came with a galvanized trailer? The one with seized Volvo engine with rebuilt replacement ready to be installed included in the deal? If so, then good luck. When we were boat shopping for a Albin 25 I corresponded by email with that seller. Offered to pay his asking price in cash if only he would allow time for me to drive my tow vehicle from Arizona (which would take 4 days at least) to see it first, or if I flew out could arrange to continue storing the boat after purchase until I could transport it. Got no response other than saying he wanted cash sent right away sight unseen and have the boat picked up before the end of February. Otherwise he acted like he was not serious about selling at all.

Later, when we bought the A25 we now own we were on our way back to Phoenix from picking the boat up in Idaho we stopped for fuel in Page, AZ. While at the gas station a fellow stopped to chat about and admire our boat. Turns out he knew about the A25 in Baltimore and had actually spoken to the owner. At the time he had been back East himself and had a tow vehicle available and was interested in buying the boat. He also got nowhere with the owner.

So good luck if we're talking about the same boat. It's no longer on Craigslist as of today, 4/14/14, so can't say what the status is now.

I saved a couple interior photos of that boat off the Craigslist ad, one of the helm station and the other of the galley. I already deleted the exterior view. See if we're talking about the same boat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
richb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River MD

Post by richb »

I will be at bqm on Saturday filling the boat any albin owner I'm on the out side fence past the gate 32+2 cant miss the boat . Rich
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Is it this boat?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “General Discussion”