• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transmission Damper

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

sailingzeus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Augustine, Fl

Transmission Damper

Post by sailingzeus »

Hi there...
I need to change the damper/Coupling made by Torflex in my 6LPA engine. Anybody has done this recently that can give me a vendor's name, other than Yanmar? Neither Hurth or Yanmar provide too much info about this part.

Any help will be appreciated.
Albin 28TE '05.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Transmission Damper

Post by RobS »

Try Bayshore Marine in MD, their contact info is in the Recommendations section on the AOG Board Index. Or a call to Mastry Engine's your FL Yanmar distributor in St. Pete's.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
thirdrail
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transmission Damper

Post by thirdrail »

It seems my Damper plate needs to be changed also as a noise has developed form this location between 1000 to 1400 rpm. At first I thought it was one on the belts coming loose but nothing changed after tightening the belts. I called Mack boring and Bay Shore to get the coupling before I pulled everything apart, but they weren't much help. They recommended I remove it first before ordering it. I hate to do this not knowing when the part would arrive as they also would have to order it. Mack Boring said they usually use a Centra coupling part # 3311316004 at a cost of $467. Recommended I take a picture and email before we order it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”