• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin27 rub rail replacement

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Valkyrie
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Point Judith

Albin27 rub rail replacement

Post by Valkyrie »

The search and saga continues for the correct rub rail replacement along with the fiberglass corners and I believe I see a plastic insert that runs along inside the rub rail itself. Is there not anyone out there that has replaced the rub rail ? I promise to do it if someone can tell me where to find these select items. I will even seal the topside / hull rail seams and re- rivit everything! The thing is I can't seem to find the rub rail and insert. HHEEELLLPPPP.. :?
If there's no wind ROW!
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Albin27 rub rail replacement

Post by jleonard »

I don't know what you have specifically, but Hamilton Marine (Maine) lists lots of rub rail styles in their catalog.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

Post by johnvb1014 »

I replaced mine on my Albin27. Bought it from Hamilton Marine. I believe it was DWP-133-RB/W. Wherever the ends are attached on yours, I would take out the screws from one end and pry it off enough so you can see the cross-section and take measurements. This turned out to be a pretty big job. I am not expert but can provide the steps I went through if needed.
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by jimlewis »

Call Alan Ray at RubRails. His number is 877-287-6707. I found them to be the best for price and service.

Jim Lewis
Six Grand
Albin 27' SE
Little River, SC
packham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: 100 Mile House, BC

Post by packham »

I too searched high and low looking for rub rail inserts and found them at Hamilton Marine in Maine. For my 1987 27 Albin the insert was item number DWP-233-RB (109328). My rub rail is fine so I will re-use. I plan to replace over the next few weeks so will take photos and post. The folks at Hamilton were great...as I am in BC they shipped me 6 inches first to make sure it was the right one.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”