• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ghp 20 MARINE AUTOPOLOT WITH SMARTPUMP FOR 28TE

voyages
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St-Charles RIchelieu, Qc

ghp 20 MARINE AUTOPOLOT WITH SMARTPUMP FOR 28TE

Post by voyages »

Hello everyone,
I'm thinking of buying a new Garmin GHP 20 marine autopilot with smart pump. I would like to know if anyone has one of these on a Albin28TE with engine box. Any comments on Garmin autopilots for this boat are welcomed.
Thanks
Denis
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: ghp 20 MARINE AUTOPOLOT WITH SMARTPUMP FOR 28TE

Post by whwells »

Have heard good things about the Garmin. However, Raymarine also has a new autopilot unit out. They have my vote, although you may save a bit with Garmen.

Raymarine's new touch screen and auto pilot makes a great choice. The newest series no longer requires a rudder arm installation.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
John_Madison CT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ct

Post by John_Madison CT »

I may install an AP on my 28TE this spring. If so, I'm going to go with the new Raymarine EV200. It's getting great reviews.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Just a tip that may save you, well it did save me £100's I bought my pump direct from the manufacturer.

They make the pumps for raymarine and furuno. They are made in the UK but even with exchange rates and shipping it should work out cheaper.

The company is called HyPro - even the installation manual is the same but with their name and not raymarine.

Raymarine retail price sterling for a type one pump is £440. Trade is £310. I paid less than £180 with tax paid buying direct.

http://www.hypro.co.uk/marine/products/ ... sing-pumps
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
tayfunmeric
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Turkey

Post by tayfunmeric »

Hello, I have installed a Raymarine EVO-200 last year. It is working very good. No calibration needed. I used the old pump from Raytheon autopilot which was installed very very long ago.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

I have the Raymarine ST 5000 its a older unit but it works great. I use it all the time. You can change course 1 degree at a time or 10 degrees at a time with one push of the button. It's great on long trips. So far so good!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”