• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members from Victoria

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Swells
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Esquimalt Harbour

New members from Victoria

Post by Swells »

Hello everyone

Just joined the group and we are looking forward to hanging out here and getting to know other Albin owners. We have an Albin 25 which we've owned since 2008. Our cruising expeditions have taken us to Desolation Sound, the Broughtons, various waters and marinas along the inside passage and stateside to Roche Harbour. Hoping to explore the San Juan Islands in the near future.
Forth to the open ocean - called by a new day
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New members from Victoria

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard! Your photos are beautiful.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

Thank you Nancy - appreciate your note.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Swells: Welcome to the AOG. Looks like you have done some fun and long distance runs to the Pac. NW with the 25'. I am hoping to do some of the same area's this summer having failed to get that far north the last two seasons. Great name for your boat as well.
Are you aware of the PNW AOG activities? We have our 3rd annual Rendezvous scheduled for July 11th-1the at Roche Harbor. Actually we are doing Thur.
at a members water front cabin on Lopez island and then onto Roche Fri., Sat.,with a Sun. checkout. We have reservedSport fisher one of Roche Harbor's tents for the meeting place as well as blocked slips. Did make it to your Victoria twice this past season and north up to some of the islands.
Pleases take a look at the Rendezvous section which will give you more detail. Dave co-chair and I and would enjoy having you attend the meet. If you are interested and available please post at section. You can also send either of us a PM so we have your telephone number and email address for contact regarding the activities.
We currently have 2 other 25' Classic's expected and likely a 27' Classic.
whwells "Howard:
2006 35te Sport-fisher Flybridge Conv. "Nibbles"
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22 "Nest"
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

Hi Whwells

Thank you for the invitation to meet at Roche Harbour - it's one of our favourite marinas. We're also members of the BC Albineers and July 11-13 we have a rendezvous scheduled at Ladysmith. Too bad we didn't organize to meet up with the Albin Owners rendezvous! Our group are mainly Albin 25 owners - our tidy well-loved little boats make for quite a site when we get together. Our Roche Harbour rendezvous is scheduled for September 12-14 - any Albin Owner members be in the area at that time?

Actually, our boat is the "Transition" and we are Barron and Linda - sorry for the confusion. The "Swells" is our cruising nickname.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Swells: Sorry to hear of the conflict. Actually we have posted a couple times to your BC group suggesting a joint meet. If your group is still flexible I would be happy to contact Roche and ask about extra space. In fact we had discussed the possibility of a joint meet with Roche previously. If your group is committed please do bring up our interests in a gathering at a future time. Dave and I will pass along your groups time at Roche in Sept. Perhaps some a few of us can make it over. You may as well consider coming down to Roche for ours as well.
whwells "Howard"
netsailer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dunedin Marina, Florida

Post by netsailer »

Hello from Largo, FL
My name is David Chiriboga, and a couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2000 Albin 28. This is my first powerboat. Have had a 26' Columbia MK II, an Overseas 37 ketch, a Gulfcoast 18 sloop, several sunfish, but only the ketch had power, and that was a 25 hp Volvo Penta (for a 20,000 lb displacement full keeled boat). Never had any navigation gear except for a compass, although when sailing to the Bahamas my stepdad had an old taffrail meter on his boat that read out knots (computed via a brass prop that you payed out), and a 11940s Healthkit rado direction finder. So, lots to learn!!

The boat will be named Western Way, and is beinge kept at Indian Springs Marina, at Marker 32, off the Intracoastal in Largo. That marina has a number of apparently unused wet berths, as well as a large travelift that will be used to haul my boat shortly. Needs bottom paint and zincs.

Western Way has a Yanmar 300 hp engine that received a major overhaul in 2012 and a new aluminum fuel tank, encased in fiberglass. Furuno radar and navigation/depth sounder/gps. Bow thruster, etc. The boat seems to have received a lot of attention when it was purchased in 2012 but then apppears to have been neglected. Right now am trying to figure out the electrical problems. One (I just emailed Mr. Collins about this) is that the fuel gauge does not work. I discovered yesterday that there is no fuse in the panel by the helm, and was wondering if anyone happens to know what size fuse that gague would require (it seems to provide information on fuel consumption as well as fuel level, when operating).
I also noticed that when I turn on the cabin light switch on the DC panel, several of the lights turn on but cannot be turned off at the light. That seems rather odd. The light in the head does switch off. The bow lights also do not seem to light up. Have to check on what that problem is, as well!

anyway, any advice on the fuse size would be appreciated! Am looking forward to learning more about Albins, the folks who own them, etc. Dave ch.

Return to “New Member Introductions”