• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge pump Albin 27FC

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcs
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: indiantown florida

Bilge pump Albin 27FC

Post by jcs »

I have a Albin 27 FC 1988. With a Isuzu 157 engine. the bilge pump seems to be very difficult to access. The pump is located under the drive shaft with no access. The switch is located forward of that on the other side of a bulk head which also has no access without removing all the teak work in the aft cabin. Has any one else had this problem? If so how did you resolve it.
Thank you
Jim
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Re: Bilge pump Albin 27FC

Post by tego »

Same here on the bilge pump. Mine is working fine thankfully, but I installed another pump under the engine on a piece of 1/4" stainless so I can have access to at least one pump. I plan on installing a PAR pump with a remote pickup if the one under the shaft goes out. I always like backups. I'll pull the one under the shaft the next time I pull the shaft. Doesn't look like they thought this one through very well at the factory, did they?
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

JCS...I have the 89 version of your boat/engine and the same unmanageable space under the drive shaft...

I got the boat with a Floscan bilge pump that is installed in the stern/Starboard under-bed storage area...the pump only has to feed a hose into the bilge as the filter/screen is also in the storage area and can be checked by lifting the mattress...the bummer is that last season the float switch got stuck "on" and caused the pump to need rebuild (since, as you note, getting a new pump under the shaft is a problem)

I am going to be installing a non-mechanical switch by attaching it to a piece of starboard or other plastic and sliding it down into the bilge alongside the shaft and attaching by a screw or two located above the drive shaft....I have used these switches with no problems on other boats over the years.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
jcs
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: indiantown florida

Post by jcs »

Thanks for the input on the bilge pump issue. The bilge pump location is an issue, but with your help I think I have a solution. I like 2 bilge pumps so I am going to install one below the transmission and another in the rear below the prop shaft as described. I do believe the 27 Albin FC needs a large access in the cockpit behind the transmission for convenience. That may be down the road.

Return to “General Discussion”