• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Unknown float switch

Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Unknown float switch

Post by Russell »

At the upper right of this photo is a Johnson float switch that does not seem to do anything or at least anything I can hear near it. There is one in the bilge for the forward bilge pump and another in the shower drain box. I am sure others with 05 year flush deck models know what this is for. Thanks for any info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
abellch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, Va

Re: Unknown float switch

Post by abellch »

Russ,
Being located up on the step as it is I am going to guess it is a high alarm. I do not have anything equivilent on my 07
Do you have a light or buzzer on the dash that is unaccounted for?
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

Thanks, you are correct. I found the manual for the Seakey SOS system and it shows a high water switch in the wiring diagram. The system may be nonfunctional because the previous owner said he does not use it.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Food for thought:

Would check out the float switch by manually activating it and have a second person look and listen for an audible and/or light indicator. System may appear nonfunctional as there has never been high water in the bilge...

Be safe,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Russell: Seems to me the Johnson float system is a nice feature. Wondering if it came from the factory on some Albins and not others or was it an after market
installation. Now that you know it's purpose it would be a fine safety backup if you can get it operational. Hope to hear more from you as it is worked out.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge Conv. "Nibbles"
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22m"Nest"
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Post by halfmoon »

I had a mystery lighted switch just above and outboard the trim tab controls, couldn't figure its purpose. With help of an experienced boat builder I learned it was a high water alarm and is functional. However, it is not loud enough to be heard at a distance. My boat is docked behind my house. I would not hear the alarm unless I was on or beside the boat. I'm awaiting the arrival of a new forward bilge pump, did not have the high water alarm turned on but would not have heard it. Boat builder used a high decibel alarm so the neighbors would notice.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

Thanks Howard and everyone. There are a lot of things on this boat that are not working, even some the surveyor missed. Mainly neglect as you can tell by the filth in the bilge. I am repairing them as fast as I can. I took this into consideration on the agreed price and am still happy with my purchase. The Seakey device is a satellite communication system and I may not repair that since the radio has the DSC. The previous owner was a former Coastguard officer and may have had it installed. I will let you know how it turns out.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”