• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Michel
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Fort Laiderdale

Post by Michel »

Hi Everybody
Glad to be part of your group
I'm in the process of selling my sailboat and switch to a powerboat. I'm looking for a Albin TE 28 and thats why I reach the Group. I live at Fort Lauderdale. I will certainly follow the topics and look for TE 28 for sale.
Regards
Michel
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member

Post by whwells »

Michel: Welcome to the Group. You will be really happy with the 28 TE Albin. You will want to think about whether to go with the later model flush decks or the traditional engine box. I have seen strong favorable comments about both and have friends out west with both styles. I kind of favor the flush deck but either is fine.
Then there are multiple engines from: Volvo diesel, Yanmar, Cummins & the Peninsular series. Again there have been lots of favorable posting about all. Several of my west coast friends have the Yanmar's and Cummins. Yanmar has the least amount of noise but will need to have the timing belt changed at 1200 hours or 6 years whichever comes first. The Cummins has a chain drive and does not require that early maintenance but some feel it is more noisy. I would like to try out the Volvo later series.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge/twin Yanmar's
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Michel and welcome aboard!

As Howard points out there are a number of options. Be sure to check out the comparison posts in the TE section.

If you want to see a comprehensive listing see RobS's ToyRiffic in the for sale section (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6946&p=42112#p42112 ) Just think, you could leave that warm weather behind and come see an Albin in a more North Sea environment! (Snowed AGAIN today!!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

:D Michel,
This from a neighbor up the East Coast from you. We have a Albin 28TE, 1994, Engine Box Model, that we have had for a little over a year. We love it!. You can find out about our first experience in a small article i wrote on AOG. I will send you the name and forum it is in.
If you use the site map on this web site you can find our location near Port Saint Lucie. I am JIMBO44, the ship is Matter of Time. You are 1-1/2 hours by car on the Turnpike from us, you are welcome, my wife (Admiral) and I would be happy to take you for a ride on the water so that you can have a first hand Albin experience. If you wish to come by water, I have a large dock that has 4.5 ft and is on a lagoon of the St Lucie River. :D :D

Jim Luntz
772-343-0060, mobile 561-317-4881
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

Michel,
Here is the location of the article i mentioned above: Forum: Tournament Express 26-35, Article: 28TE Engine Box with Yanmar 4LH DTYE-93 Performance,Handling

Jim

Return to “New Member Introductions”