• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Buying Help for 28 T/E

Aross88
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Newport, RI

Buying Help for 28 T/E

Post by Aross88 »

Hi All,

My family and I are interested in buying an older (1993-98 range) 28 Tournament Express. I have seen them on the water but have never been on one or seen them up close. I was wondering if anyone in the Rhode Island area would be willing to let me check theirs out in person. Also, if anyone has any great resources for that model, I would like to check those out as well.

Thanks.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Buying Help for 28 T/E

Post by RobS »

Members will likely come forward for you but Ken Hilton at Standish is right in Tiverton. He's an ace. http://www.yachtworld.com/standishboat/standishboat_0.html
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Mine is in a storage shed in Fall River at the moment. If you'd like to see it on the hard, I plan to be down there Saturday.
Once April 1st hits, she'll be splashed and headed back to Brewer's Sakonnet in Portsmouth. You're more than welcome to come take a look and hopefully I can help with some of your questions. Send me a pm and I'll get you my contact info.

Jack
Last edited by JackK on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Joe/Fran
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North Kingstown RI

Post by Joe/Fran »

I have a 97 that I have listed with Brewers Yacht Sales. It will be uncovered by mid March weather permitting. If you would like to take a look contact Dave McKenney at Brewers.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

I am in Essex CT but of course my boat is "on the hard" until April sometime. I agree with Rob that Ken is the man to see. There is a dealer in CT who gets bad reviews but Ken is a believer in the boat and a good guy.
John_Madison CT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ct

Post by John_Madison CT »

My '97 28TE is on the hard in Clinton, CT. It's uncovered now too. It will be wet in about 5 weeks, in Clinton Harbor, and you're welcome too see it now, or in April.

Let me know.

John

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”