• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member from Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
obertra9
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: New Member from Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.

Post by obertra9 »

Slim, I plan to do the inlets east of Vancouver Island (butte inlet, etc) in the boating season of 2015. I just retired and I have some immediate home projects to take care of in 2014. I have a Albin 27 SC that I will trailer to the PNW from Cincinnati. I have trailered on 5 occasions up to 1000 miles and I am comfortable with launching and retrieving from a good boat ramp. I like the idea of joining others with similar crafts and interests. I plan to tow a couple of kayaks. So if you are thinking 2015 let's stay in touch and also hear from others. I have no prior experience in the PNW. I also plan to do Powell Lake in Utah in 2016.

Roger Obert
A27 SC
Solitude II
Cincinnati, OH
Roger A. Obert
1990 Albin 27 SC
Solitude II
Cincinnati, Ohio
Binford
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Port Orchard, WA

Post by Binford »

God's Country, the PNW.... You'll never want to leave!

Slim, I'm very curious to learn about your power cat designs. I've always thought a 36ish-foot catamaran would be ideal for cruising around the Inside Passage. They've got to be about as efficient as a diesel trawler, eh? (If powered right and not trying to make it a twin-hulled planing vessel.) With better speed capabilities too thanks to their L/B ratios.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some of what you've learned over the years, I'd sure enjoy a discussion with you about this. You can reach me at timulator at gmail dot com.
-- Tim Taylor
1980 Glasply 19-1/2' cuddy hardtop w/Mercruiser 470 I/O
1982 Glasply 16' runabout w/ 2-stroke 50hp Mercury O/B
Quiet admirer, and possible future owner, of an Albin 27FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Sounds like you have lots of experience both sailing & power boating. You will love the PNW. We have in the PNW AOG Members with both the 25 & 27. Their are members who have gone to the far NW in both series. Personally if you are going to be on the water and extended period of time the 27 does give you more room. Both are nice boats and very economical to operate.
As you get closer to the time to make a trip you can see and experience both vessels at one of the PNW Rendezvous held in the summer months in the Puget Sound to San Juan's Islands areas. Take a look at the PNW Rendezvous section for this summer's activities in J july. Hopefully future years will be similar.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
Last edited by whwells on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New Member Introductions”