• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

120' Albin???

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

120' Albin???

Post by Brian »

I stumbled upon this today...
A 120' Albin!!!...:)
<link removed by moderator - advertiser banned>
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: 120' Albin???

Post by kathylsails »

Hey, and only $19,900,000! Too bad it wouldn't fit in our slip; otherwise, I would just have to order one! :lol:
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Brian: Now that would be a big step up. Probably take a week just to see it all. Well, around my house it would take the next 25 generations to pay for it.
Do wish we had a boat builder serious about bringing back the 28, 31's, 35's and the 36 Trawlers. Does not look like the company that purchased the molds is going to do much.
I have seen the same thing happen out west. The company goes down and another buys the molds and then nothing happens. A company purchased the Osprey molds and they have gone no where. It like the Albin is a fine fishing boat -strong and Alaskan water seaworthy. Do hope we see the market turn around for small and medium size boats.
Enjoyed your dream boat posting.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

This is the mistake they make when they think a brand name alone suffices. The problem for them is that the Albin brand has nothing to do with mega-yachts. I remember when Grady White tried a catamaran style and raised steering position up a ladder like the old convertible styles. They both bombed because that's not what a potential buyer thinks of when you see "Grady White". The same will happen with Albin.
Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Brian »

I agree Howard & Jack, this is not what I think of when I hear Albin...but hey Porsche makes a SUV!
I think there is interest in small diesel boats again....I like the old 34' CHB/Albin and similar boats.
Nordic Tugs have re-introduced their 26', Beneteau has the 34' Swift trawler, and Nova Trawler is continuing to build the Monk 36'.
Brian
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Unfortunately though, I had dealings with the listing broker when we bought our 40 NSC.....
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Post by eseyoung »

I seriously doubt that they have or will ever make one. Likely they got the mold for next to nothing and an ambitious broker said he'd list it. In that caliber of yacht ego and name recognition sells. For the$$$$ you are in the ferretti or azimuth range. Albin just isn't a name that screams prestige.
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

There are endless old sets of tooling and molds from defunct yacht lines moldering in Taiwanese boat yards. No doubt this is an old set and like ESEYOUNG said above, some broker is listing an Albin based on this old tooling in hopes of snagging an unwary mega-yacht buyer. Woe betide anyone who actually commsions a boat from this -- who knows if there are engineering and naval architetecture specs and plans from the old company -- if not the mechanical and electrical installations would likely be nightmarish.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “General Discussion”