• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Extended Stay in LI Sound

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: Extended Stay in LI Sound

Post by carolmarie »

We will be in the town of Falmouth's marina, in the inner harbor, dock D, which is the dock reserved for transients.
We will get our slip assignment next week. By way, my son Paul is in slip C8, the Tiara 35; you may have met him.
Don.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Extended Stay in LI Sound

Post by DougSea »

Just to add to your knowledge base - I've made the run from Norwalk to Newburgh 5 times over 5 summers (see the various Sonny goes to Newburgh posts) and it's a relatively easy one day run. During one CRAZY hot summer I had to backtrack back down the Harlem after the Spuyten Duyvil got too hot to open and I had to run around the southern tip of Manhattan. Still an easy trip.

Please let me know when you think you'll be in Norwalk - I'd love to connect with you if possible. When calling Cove you'll want to speak with Val Morris, she's the Dockmaster and a great resource. Depending on timing my daughter may be back at her summer job there and will help you into your slip. :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”