• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Eden Pure Heater

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Eden Pure Heater

Post by stevediebold »

Has anyone used an Eden Pure heater on their boat for winter heat? If so, do you recommend it?
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Re: Eden Pure Heater

Post by tego »

The Eden Pure heater is a great unit on a boat in the marina, but it depends on where you are and the outside temps. My son is a liveaboard on Lake Erie and he froze his tush off the past few days. When the temps are in the negative range and especially with a wind factored in, there's no substitute for a real diesel fired heater in the 16,000 ( or more) BTU range. I get along fine with mine here in TN. Ben, '87 27 FC.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

The Eden Water Heater is new to me. Did some limited reserach. Looks like they work great with 110 power/ gen. set or engine heat. Does not sound like they would do well out on the hook without running the gen. set. Diesel heat sounds better to me, unless you just don't have a need away from the dock.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Post by eseyoung »

i have looked into these before for my RV and for the house. They do work but they don't put off a ton of heat. it will take the chill off of a 30 degree morning but you won't heat heat (a very bit) boat with one. They take up a ton of space for the amount of heat they give off. they also cost a ton, for the amount of heat they give off. also, if you are paying for electricity they aren't all that cost effective. just my thinking...i got a $50 heater from lowes and it does the same thing at 10% of the(purchase) cost.
twenham

Post by twenham »

Tego I know this is off target, but I boat on Lake Erie, Cleveland specifically, and have been trying to talk my wife into getting a live aboard in the future. Unfortunately, we lost almost everything in the Real Estate crash a few years ago, including the money for a trawler. I would love to hear about his live aboard experience and maybe even get together. Thanks Tim
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

twenham, My son is the station commander for the US Army recruiting station in Erie, PA. I know he'd love to talk boats and liveaboard. He's living on a 34' trawler, which we're restoring when I can get up there and he has some spare time. Give me a call and I'll line you up with him. Ben @ (865) 233-3621.

Return to “General Discussion”