• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Finally got another boat

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Grahamrfd
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oundle uk

Finally got another boat

Post by Grahamrfd »

Hi,

As the heading says Ive finally managed to buy another boat after having to sell my old one 9 years ago. I make my living running a truck around europe which Im finding more stressful as I get older so decided another boat was needed to combat this stress resulting in the purchase of Halcyon, an Albin 25.
Its all in working order but will need a little tidying, but I will do this later, now Im just looking forward to spring and the chance to get away for a few days. For the next year or so we will only be cruising on an inland river in the UK but later I hope to get a trailer so we can get further afield, the caledonian canal in Scotland being on the list of things to do

I will post more photos later.

Regards

Graham
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Finally got another boat

Post by Tree »

Hi Graham,

Nice to see another Albin owner in the UK - I think that makes a total of about 4 of us on these boards now!

You will find a wealth of information here, the help I have had from here has been invaluable.

There is another 25 owner in North Shields I think?

Lee
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

What's wrong with the cradle trailer she is sitting on, that looks highway worthy, just need a tow strap :D

Good luck with the new boat and I hope she helps you relieve some of that stress. With that being said, do you have a name picked out yet?

And regarding that stress - It really does not make any sense that we work for a living but our work is killing us !
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Nice boat! You're so right, Rob, it does not make sense that we work for a living but our work is killing us. Thank goodness for boats!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Happy to hear you have another boat. It just makes life more fun. The boat looks very good in the photos. Will be nice to hear of your progress from abroad. The Classic 25' is a fine boat.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22

Return to “New Member Introductions”