• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ld28 riser/elbow

Albin's "power cruisers"
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

ld28 riser/elbow

Post by eseyoung »

At the advice of another member I checked out my exhaust elbow. I am super glad I did. Mine was so rotten it literally fell apart as I took it off. Iam not sure how it kept from dumping sea water into the manifold and ultimately in the engine. So if you have an Nissan in your a27 check it out, you may well be thankful you did.

Those of you who did replace. Where did you get it? How much did you have in a replacement? There is one therad here that mentions a company in NY who did one but are there any others? Hopefully so one will have a template for the flange that bolts to the manifold, mine is in about 20 small pieces. Oh and as an added bonus all 4 of the bolts broke...I guess I am drilling and tapping to install the replacement.

I assume that if water would have gotten in the engine it would be obvious...by the motor not running. Mine is a hard starter. It has always started and runs great once running. Is that a sign of concern for potential water intrusion? Or as I suspect dirty injectors.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

Re: ld28 riser/elbow

Post by eseyoung »

a pic of what i have left...i tried to set the pieces back for a pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”