• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transom bench seat

Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Transom bench seat

Post by Mike Ebert »

This boat is on yachtworld.com. I have never seen a bench seat like this. Anybody else? Probably custom but I e-mailed the broker to try and see who made it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Transom bench seat

Post by RobS »

Here's a similar one on a 28TE, but I don't remember where I got this picture.. I actually remember that I saved that picture because I have never seen a rear deck hatch on a 28TE engine box model like this. It would allow access to the fuel tank - to the sender and center hose connections (supply & return to/from the engine).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Rybo78
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Falmouth, MA

Post by Rybo78 »

I've been thinking of fabricating a bench seat by cutting in 2 rod holders into the transom; 1 stbd side outboard of live well and 1 in between fish box and transom door. Would then have marine fabricator weld a removable seat back frame using the rod holders coupled with a separate custom sized pad for sitting on that could lay across the various transom hatch lids... Thereby making use of the transom and keeping as much of the cockpit open as possible. Would be great for our lab as well, a he prefers to lounge where he as a view!

Has anyone seen this setup on a boat? Any photos or thoughts would surely be welcome
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

I have been considering putting a bench seat on my 31TE. After doing research I found this bench seat that looks really nice. Take a look.

Birdsall Marine Design

marineproducts.net/folding-rear-bench-seat-square-corners/
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

That is a nice setup. Here's the hot link: http://marineproducts.net/folding-rear- ... e-corners/
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Just an FYI and kudos to Birdsall ... In the late 90's I had ordered a Birdsall 38" Rocket launcher leaning post for a center console. It arrived on time and was of first quality. Clean welds, quality hardware, construction and upholstery.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”