• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Happy New Year from New Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ufish2
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Navajo Lake Farmington, NM

Happy New Year from New Member

Post by ufish2 »

Perry, Phyllis, and Stephen here. I have literally spent hundreds of hours researching the right boat fit for my family and it would appear the Albin 27 or 28. We spent the month of June cruising from Blaine, Washington to Desolation Sound and everywhere in between and fell in love with cruising. We currently have a very inefficient Sea Ray 280 that will be put up for sale. We live in the Four Corners area so the purchased Albin must be trailered. Got a few things to repair on the Sea Ray but after that will be diligently looking for an Albin. Looking forward to reading future posts and learning about Albin boats on the website. It appears many helpful people exist to assist new (not yet) Albin owners. The Albin is attractive to me because of its efficiency, trailerability, fishability, durability, and safety.

Have a Happy New Year!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Happy New Year from New Member

Post by whwells »

Welcome Perry, Phyliss, and Stephen: Do understand your experience with the NW Cruising. I keep my Albin there and commutte up as it is truly World Class boating water. While we live on the ocean in Northern Calif. their is simply nothing like the NW here at least on the far north coast. Calif. has some cruising in the San Fran. Delta & Bay area but not like the NW where one could spend a lifetime and not see all the waters and coast.
The 27 & 28 you are considering are perfect for the NW. I am considering downsizing just to be able to trailer. I do know a few with 28te's who tow. They all tell me you want a trailer with elec. hydra brakes as the surge just won't get it done with that size boat.

We do have a somewhat small but active NW Albin group with Rendevzous the last three summers. Look forward to having you & your family join us when you can. Don't let a non Albin keep you away. It is great way to see a number of different Albins for comparison. You are welcome at the next Rendevzous if you can get up that way. We are likely looking at sometime in July this season.

The 28te has all you want in terms of efficiency, fishability, and safety. You will find from the site the durability speaks well for the Albins. Where will you primary cruise in the 4 corners?

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
ufish2
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Navajo Lake Farmington, NM

Post by ufish2 »

Lake Powel is approximately 4 hours drive away. Great cruising since is approximately 150 miles long down one arm of the lake. I have a bass boat but there is only so much you can see because of limited fuel. We have another lake much closer we would go out on weekends. Got to repair my Sea Ray first then begin the search for an Albin. Thanks for your response. We plan to cruise the western coast of Vancouver Island this summer. We have been going up there for 25 years to so. Eventually would like to make the trip to Glacier Bay when time and funds permit.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Welcome aboard and Happy New Year. The 27 and 28 are very different boats..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “New Member Introductions”