• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nice Christmas present from the PO

Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Nice Christmas present from the PO

Post by Paddy »

Previous owner had a custom cover made for the Albin, I can't believe how well it fits and the amount of detail that went into making it. The radar, hailer and spotlight all got their own pockets stitched in and every inner corner is padded, along with the entire bow rail section. Added a door too. Hope to get many years of service out of it.

Merry Christmas to all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 28TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Nice Christmas present from the PO

Post by DougSea »

That's really nice Rob! You're a lucky man!

My brother has a Sabre 34 (sail) and got a frame/cover as part of his purchase. He's had at least 10 years of service with more to come.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Nice Christmas present from the PO

Post by whwells »

Paddy: The cover is indeed nice and a great fit. Perhaps expensive to do one that nice ,yet it would be a good investment for most 28's depending on their area of use.
Not sure whether a shrink wrap adds any extra protection, but it at least becomes an annual expense.

My 35te has a cover over the upper station area below the soft top and fits around the supports for the top. The problem it is made of some kind of vinyl material
and except when warm from the sun (not when I would use it) it won't stretch enough to fit the snaps. Had it on once or twice in the summer after laying out in the sun and even then it took two of up pulling and tugging to get it on. Have considered cutting it down the middle and installng some kind of stretch material in order to pull it to the snaps. Your blue canvas is far better.

Would like to have such a cover on the Osprey 22. However, since I am considerting downsizing to a 28te there would then be no need for two towables.
Not yet decision time but I like your cover if a change occurs for me.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”