• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Rusty33
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bay Shore, New York 11706

Post by Rusty33 »

Hello, my name is Russell (Rusty) McAllister and have recently become the owner of an Albin 28TE. I was lucky enough to come across a post on this site about a boat for sale in Norfolk VA. I drove down from Long Island, went for a ride and took an oil sample. At the time the current owner Russell Prewitt could not have been more helpfull in helping the purchase go so smoothly. The oil sample came back with no issues, a survey was performed with no issues and a purchase was made. I, with a friend crused the boat up to Long Island on the out side and boat preformed very well in four to six seas. I had looked at many Albins and this boat was the first one to come back with a good oil test. The test only cost about $20.00 but could save thousands. I look forward to happy sailing for years to come on the waters of Long Island and New England,
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Re: New Member

Post by Jack »

Welcome! McAllister is a fine old boating name. Are you one of the McAllister tugboat family? My father, grandfather and great grandfather were all NY tugboat men. I had my '98 Albin with a '03 Yanmar 315 on the north shore of LI until a year ago when we moved to Essex, CT.
Good luck.
Jack
Rusty33
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bay Shore, New York 11706

Post by Rusty33 »

No not part of the tug boat clan. Thanks for the reply
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Rusty: Happy to hear you found the right boat for your needs. The testing you did is important and I am sure put you at ease with the purchase. Did you say what year the boat is? Enjoy and post some pictures when you can. The 28te is simply a great boat. Congra's & Welcome.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey 22 Pilothouse
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Rusty, and welcome to AOG.

Congratulations on the new boat!

Where are you on the Island? We've got a number of members on both the North and South shores, and a bunch of us over here on the Connecticut side of the Sound.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Rusty: Glad to see you joining the AOG. Lots of valuable information here and you will have a lot of fellow owners in your area. Hope you will enjoy Silver Lining as much as my family did.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “New Member Introductions”