• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner of Blue Skies 2007 Albin 28 TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Blue Skies
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Baie Verte, Newfoundland, Canada.

New owner of Blue Skies 2007 Albin 28 TE

Post by Blue Skies »

My wife and I purchased Blue Skies, a 2007 28 TE back in October. Aside from the short sea trial we haven't had an opportunity to enjoy her before she went into winter storage. Our home port will be Baie Verte Newfoundland Canada, but for now she is stored where we bought her in Ontario. I plan to move it myself and currently have Loadmaster building a trailer for her. If anyone has any advise on transport please let me know. I have already read some helpful info on the topic here. We have some upgrades planed so look forward to getting advise from anyone who can help. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Shane and Robin Antle
TimQ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n/a

Re: New owner of Blue Skies 2007 Albin 28 TE

Post by TimQ »

Congratulations on your purchase. I can attest firsthand you purchased a fine boat, having looked at her closely and being outbid by you. We were disappointed at having to drop out of the bidding but we'll not be deterred. I hope we can find a 28TE as fine as Blue Skies!

Good luck with her.
Best regards,
Tim and Cheryl
TQ
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Great Boat - Congra's and Welcome to the AOG. You likely if from Ontario found a fresh water 28. Either way 2007 may have been the last of the great 28's from Albin. You are so very lucky to find it.
My 35te came from Georgina Bay, Canada and was such a fresh water boat when found. My broker was Jack Pady who I cannot say enough good things about.
Enjoy. What a way to start the new year.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge.
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Hey Blue Skies, congratulations! We too have a 2007 and love it. What is your hull number. We are #929. Is yours a Newport layout or regular seating? Post some photos if you have them. Enjoy the long winter of anticipation. We had ours in the water for two weeks before we headed north for the summer so we can relate. Enjoy.
Blue Skies
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Blue Skies »

Whwells, Blue Skies also came from Georgian Bay and Jack Pady was the Broker ,absolutly excellent to deal with.

Al O fish us, she is regular seating with enclosed wheelhouse, not the Newport style. Hull number is 707, I'll try to post some pics but what I have is pretty limited and I am replying from an I phone so that makes it interesting also ;)

Proud new owners of Blue Skies,

Shane and Robin Antle.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Shane & Robin: You got the best of all worlds. A fine 2007 fresh water boat and the backing of Jack Pady. If you see him, please saw Hello for me. Happy Holidays and great boating. Jack will know me as W. Howard Wells and Nibbles owner.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35 te Sportfisher/Flybridge
2004 22 Osprey
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Shane and Robin:
We too bought the Carol Marie (2001 28TE) from Jack Pady back in 2003. We could not have had better buying experience. Jack was excellent to deal with. By the way, the fresh water 28 TE has served us flawlessly for 10 seasons - Lake Champlain being its new home port with occasional trips to Cape Cod.
Enjoy your new toy .......
Carol Marie, 2001 28TE, 6LP-STE
Blue Skies
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Blue Skies »

Some of the only pics I have of her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

How were able to keep the boat from falling?!? Nice looking ride! Congrats on you new purchase! How long did it take you to get it to LI?
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “New Member Introductions”