• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rudder for my 28' TE Flush Deck

Copacabana
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Deerfield Beach , FL

Rudder for my 28' TE Flush Deck

Post by Copacabana »

I own a 28' TE Flush Deck and a good friend has a older "engine box" 28' TE which puts mine to shame in close quarter maneuvering. Can I replace my rudder to the older style? Why did they change it?

Thank you

Marcio
Copacabana 28' TE Flush Deck 6LP 315 Yanmar
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Rudder for my 28' TE Flush Deck

Post by Carl »

Do a search here on "rudder" and I think you will get your answer. Short story is that with the big difference in weight distribution of the flush deck versus the motor box, Albin discovered that with the full size rudder that the boat could be "over steered" causing the bow to dip. The cut down rudder eliminated that issue at the expense of close quarter maneuvering. Use of the bow thruster should give you the same end result. I too have a flush deck and find I never need the bow thruster unless the wind is pushing me around. Just takes some practice and patience.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”