• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
astark
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Harbour Island, RI

Post by astark »

Hello

My name is Alan and my wife Mary Jean have a house on Harbour Island, RI. We don't have extensive experience on boats, owned a 17' BW Montauk for a few years. Now our needs have changed. Our kids are out of the house so we don't plan on playing with tubes, wake boards, etc. Mostly looking forward to cruising down Point Judith Pond to Jamestown/Newport. I fish for striper and want to be able to take a buddy to Block Island, probably stay the night and fish the morning before returning home.

Albin's seem to be ideal...solid, reliable as well as made locally. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect boat: 28, or 32. I'm in no hurry, half the fun is the hunt. I'm looking forward to learning about Albins and getting to know some of the members of this group. I'll post a pix as soon as I find a boat.

Regards
Alan
Lenovo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point, California

Re: Newbie

Post by Lenovo »

Alan,
It is tough to choose among
Albins as they are terrific boats. Should your family favor overnights and cruising versus fishing you may consider an albin 36 express trawler (12 to 15 knots) or perhaps the venerable 32+2 command bridge. Albins have their quirks but there are few vessels in the used market with such a loyal following. Best wishes as you seek out the right vessel for you and your family.
Tony P.
Salty Dog
2001 express trawler
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Just a quick comment on your indicated preferences. The 28 is a fantastic boat and my wife and I began our Albin journey with a 1997 engine box model. Loved the boat! In fact we loved it and it's rock solid handling and performance so much that we out grew it. While we went all the way to a 35TE, the 31 (most will be 31's, the "new" builder of the Albin TE range renamed it as the 32) is a MUCH larger boat. You move from 9' of beam to over 12' and more than 50% additional displacement, and you pick up a bunch of space. Of course they cost more and burn more fuel. So...what kind of cruising do you want to do and how much room do you (or really, Mary Jean) need in your cabin? That will help point you in the right direction. Really you can't go wrong with either, just decide on your parameters.

Best of luck in your hunt, and welcome to AOG!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
astark
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Harbour Island, RI

Post by astark »

Thanks Tony and Doug

It's great to be part of a community of enthusiasts. I had this with the Porsche community (I owned a 25 year old Porsche and enjoyed wrenching on it with the help of an active and enthusiastic on line community). I realize that "search" is my friend, and I have made good use of it already.

Look forward to seeing some of y'all on the water this spring,

Alan
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Alan. Good luck in your search.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: My thoughts are you will love any of the newer style TE series 28, 31, 35. All around the 31 does for most all you will ever need. While I opted for the 35' flybridge it won't tow. Often I think for that reason the 28 would have been right for me. The difficulty is you get used to the extra room. I also like the 36 Trawler series because they have so much room. Whatever, you choose you will come to love the Albin and the support group. Best of luck in your search.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Conv.

Return to “New Member Introductions”