• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie - San Diego, CA

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
refuge
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Diego, CA

Newbie - San Diego, CA

Post by refuge »

Greetings everyone,

I'm happy to be aboard AOG! My wife and I are proud owners of a classic 36' 1981 Albin trawler located on Shelter Is., San Diego, CA. I look forward to meeting you all and learning as much as possible.

Our latest project is re-doing all (and I mean all) of the exterior wood with 10 coats of Captains varnish. After close to 3 months of work she is almost ready to show off ;). Next on the list is the interior.

- Jeff
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Newbie - San Diego, CA

Post by mudskipper »

I love shiny wood and I never really have the patience for more then four good coats ,mostly on removable parts on my 21 foot proline. My Albin is going grey because I just have too many other things to do. I did do the sliding entry doors last winter. Good on ya mate. Send in a few pictures. Jay on Aquarius :D
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Newbie - San Diego, CA

Post by whwells »

Welcome and Congra's from a fellow west coast AOG Member. You will have lots of great times out to Catalna one of my a favorite Calif. places. You have to be very motivated to do all that prep. and paint work, but then it will be beautiful with lots of great times ahead. Will look forward to seeing your photos. Have a long time dear friend in San Diego with a condo in Avalon so for all of So. Cal. to me your area is special. You are a newbie with this group only for a day.
whwells "howard'
2006 35te Sportfisher/Conv.

Return to “New Member Introductions”