• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A Terrible....

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

A Terrible....

Post by tbnolin »

Cold front came through today.....the temps dropped to the mid 70's :shock:
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: A Terrible....

Post by DougSea »

And to think I used to like you...

;)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Sorry......I do find it interesting on all the hoopla that the weather folks go through. You'd think there was a Nor'easter barreling down on us! A friend of mine said "look, I dressed for the cold weather". I'm looking at him saying "you got shorts on...a t shirt...and sneakers....what's different?" He says " I got my 'over the ankle' socks on!! Oh brother!

JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Tom you are clearly missing Vermont!!! Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

I certainly do at times....but never having to wear a pair of jeans or sweatshirts.....hmmmm...not hard to take. This Vermont blood is still bit thick!

powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

I see you are in Stuart -- we would be there by now for the winter but a family issue is keeping us in grey, dank Rhode Island. I can't wait to get back to Stuart -- watch the yachts parade by on the ICW, walk the beach in shorts and T-shirt instead of parka and gloves, enjoy flowers and greenery instead of lifeless, monotonous brown trees, and hop in the boat and kayak instead of thinking longingly about it.

Enjoy! I hope to be back in Stuart by January 1st, go for some great crab cakes at Gettin' Crabby, head downtown on Sunday morning for the farmer's market. A great place.
John S.
Jamestown, RI
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Ahhhhh, yes.... I will try and do my best to fill in for you while you are in the Great Northeast! The ICW runs right by our place and I see many many niiiice looking vessels all day long. I've been there and know what it's about and I'll be there again someday in the future! Heading to Mulligan's for b-fast and then to then Green Market....pick you up anything?!?!? 84 and sunny right now.....
Where are you located when you're down this way?

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Been to Mulligan's for b-fast myself a few times. I think I mentioned to you sometime ago that my folks winter in Palm City. Do you ever goto Flanigan's on SE Fed Hwy? I have had my share of booze there just walking around looking at all of the customer's photos on the walls, great stuff. I made my contribution with a picture of a very nice lobster I got while scuba diving out of Jupiter back in 2005.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Haven't made it to Flanigan;s yet....on our list of places to go. Certainly not a shortage of eatery's here in the Stuart area! Give us a shout when you're in the area......just got in from poolside....what a day!

powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

We ended up in a part of Stuart called Rocky Point. We bought a townhouse condo that looks out over a stretch of water called the "crossroads" because the St. Lucie Inlet, St. Lucie River, and Intracoastal Waterway intersect. Endless amount of boat traffic going by, dolphins, pelicans, egrets hang out right off our deck. I stash binoculars in every room.

Haven't tried Flanigan's yet. We are steady customers at a couple of seafood restaurants near us in Port Salerno/Manatee Pocket called Gettin' Crabby and King Neptune. I like a roadside joint in Stuart called Lola's -- fantastic lobster rolls and fresh fish. I think the wings are pretty good at Duffy's in downtown Stuart. There are several good restaurants in downtown area -- Osceola Cafe has good food, and I love the grouper reuben at Pelican Cafe on the water. We hit Prawnboker's in Sewall's Point area sometimes, and make it to the blues joints in Jensen Beach once in awhile. Stuart has turned out to be a terrific winter roost for us -- if only we can get back there. We are helping an ailing, elderly family member here in New England and have no idea when the situation will be resolved.

We had fun cruising Florida last winter in our Pro-Line 32 express -- made it across the Okechobee Waterway to the west coast and visited Estero, Cabbage Key and Captiva -- but we decided a day boat would be better for us so I sold the Pro-Line and plan to pick up a 25' or 26' center console when we get back to Stuart. Would love to make contact with any Albin folks in the Stuart area although we no longer own our Albin 35 CB "Otter."
John S.
Jamestown, RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

My father and his friend are lifetime boat owners and are out on the water almost 7 days a week here on Long Island. For the winters in FL they are members of http://jupiterpointe.com/boat-club/ They speak VERY highly of it. They take boats out several times a week. For day boating it can't be beat.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Have a good friend in Rocky Point...been to the park that looks right out at the crossroads, a nice spot for sure. I'll meet up with a buddy of mine every so often at Crabby's for Happy Hour.Haven't been to Neptunes yet. The one time we were going to stop in for dinner, there were cops and fire department personnel all over the place ...ended up at Manatees. Been real happy each time we've gone to BoneFish Grill. They just started a Sunday Brunch featuring endless mimosas...it was delicious and weren't rushed at all. A definite stop. I may have to stop in at Flanigans and scope out that snapshot!!
If we get another boat, it'll be something that we can fit in our marina...28' max. Something to bounce around in. I do miss being out on the water....but working right here in our park all day long, right along the river, and seeing all the boats and yachts passing by...well, I"m satisfied with just looking right now.
Hey Rob, I did check out Jupiter Pointe....it is tempting. They have an open house Wednesday evening for the public to come in and see what it's all about. Refreshments and eats provided. Already been invited to 2 dinner engagements so I don't think we'll be able to make it. Something certainly to consider though. Thanks for the heads up!

Hope your family member pulls through ok. If any of you folks happen to make it down this way, give me a shout. No real big cold fronts til early next week :lol:

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

I really don't get all this fuss about Florida. I was just outside and it's a balmy 30 degrees with a refreshing breeze...
Doug
Sonny IV
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Ahhh yes... I remember those balmy 30 degree days.....after working outdoors in zero degree temps...it was a welcome warm front!!! Just had another front pass through....again....it has dipped into the 70's....Brrrrr

Never thought I'd like this type of weather....but out on a boat yesterday....makes me like this type of weather!!!

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

I'm on the boat right now!

(Three electric heaters going and the temp in the cabin just dropped to under 61!!)
Doug
Sonny IV

Return to “General Discussion”