• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Westerbeke removal in a TE35

skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Westerbeke removal in a TE35

Post by skye peak »

I almost had to pull my westerbeke 7.8BTD genset to do an overhaul, but was able to pull injectors in place.

I am still wondering how to get it out of the boat if needed. A quick measurement didn't look like it would fit our
the port deck locker and the rudder shaft and brace looked like would not let it come out the aft centerline opening.

Has anyone pulled one and how??
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Westerbeke removal in a TE35

Post by DougSea »

We had a Kohler 6Kw installed in our 35 when we bought her. It went in thru the aft center deck hatch. The marina actually had to cut away part of the lip on the aft side of the hatch to get it in, and then slid it forward onto the platform that was factory installed. I believe they also removed some of the rudder assembly. Very tight fit.

The hatch lip was repaired once the generator was installed.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: Westerbeke removal in a TE35

Post by seasalt »

I just replaced the board under my 8kw Northern LIghts. We considered pulling it out of the boat and the only way that looked reasonable was to remove it from the metal frame that it's motor mounts attacht to and sliding it out the port hatch. In the end we cut an access hole in the sole over the lifting eye and was able to raise it vertically a sufficient distance.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”