• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Larry1942
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gulfport, Florida, USA

Introduction

Post by Larry1942 »

My name is larry most recently from Gulfport, Florida. The 71 is unbelievably my age. Presently holding the volunteer position of fleet captain at the Boca Ciega Yacht (sailing) Club in Gulfport. Have been sailing for 10 years but the back has decided it has had enough. Sold the 30' Catalina and am in the process of finding the best 27' Albin family trawler of the five I've found in the Eastern portion of the country in the last two weeks. I've search so many of the other brands available out there but you 27 owners know why you've chosen the vessel you have. For me it's the fuel sipping little diesel and the wide soft captains chair. There are still a lot of quiet gunk holes on Florida's Gulf coast that need rediscovering. Who knows, circumstances might someday allow me to surprise the folks back home in Syracuse, NY, about half way around the big loop. Dream on.
If any of you out there know where there is a well maintained 27 looking for a new home, feel to let me know.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Introduction

Post by DougSea »

Hi Larry, and welcome to AOG. There are quite a few reformed sailors here ( :) ) and I'm sure you'll find plenty of good information.

My birth certificate says I'm about to turn 51. Not sure how that happened, I'm pretty sure I'm 27!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Introduction

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote:..I'm pretty sure I'm 27!
or 17 !